Sunday 7 April 2013

RESPONSIVE : BRIEF - YCN

Choosing a brief :

For this session we were asked to bring in a range of 5 competition briefs that we may be interested in pursuing for this module. As D&AD briefs had not been released yet I choses all YCN, which are as followed :


Churchill -

This brief appealed to me as it is a chance for me to research into a subject area and will able me to make a substantial amount of work.

Uk Greetings -

This is a brief that would able me to have fun, it would be an enjoyable project that could be pursued further and pushed beyond the brief of just creating a greeting card.



Fedrigoni -

This looks like an interesting project, which could allow really creative outcomes, but as we are doing a project in our print module that touches on paper and stocks, I don't want to have two briefs that are of the same subject as if I get bored or hit a low point on one project it will effect the other.

Forestry Commission -

This brief looks like it could be good to do as creating an awareness could be a creative exciting thing. It would be a challenge to capture the essence of the company and the activities, but this would be a good thing.


Feel Good -

This brief is an interesting one as it has two angles you could go with it, as they have set two briefs. It is a brief that could be pushed far and have a really creative response. It does however have challenging factors of incorporating someones elses design style into your own, as you have to use the logo or at least the font.  


Chosen brief :

 

I have decided to do the Churchill Brief as I  agree with it and think the campaign is something that needs to be done. It is also a brief that will able me to be creative as well as challenged . I will also get the opportunity to learn about subject matter that I don't know much about, so we broaden my knowledge and give me an opportunity to treat this brief as they would in the professional world where they have to become an expert on their subject.




In this crit we had to deconstruct the brief by firstly highlighting key words that we think are important in the brief and then working out specifics like why we chose the biref and what is the problem,  and once we had a better understanding of the brief then moving on to questions like who is the audience etc.

This crit was really beneficial as it has given me a clearer understanding of what this brief is about and how to tackle it. We have also set out guidlines of what we as a class think would make a winning project, which is useful as now we know what we have to aim to do. As I now have all the basics and direction of the deconstructed brief I feel ready to re  construct it and re write it specifically for me, which will give me more direction in what I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment