Wednesday 17 April 2013

RESPONSIVE : YCN Churchill - concept development

Concept Development -

I have decided to combine and adapt a few of the concepts I pitched. I am going to go with the dress up kit / mask concept as I think this is a playful way of the audience learning to recognise the iconic things and image of Churchill. I will also incorporate the fan pack concept but adapting slightly as I think this concept could be easily distributed and be a good way of informing the audience about who Churchill is.


Who is Winston Churchill :

The concept I am going with now is a 'Who is Winston Churchill' which will be a pack that will contain the dress up kit along with other items  that could be as follow ;

- Posters
- Stickers
- Dress up kit  
- Churchill quotes
- Churchill facts

The reason I have chosen to go forward with this concept is because I think it will apeal to a wider age range in the bracket of 11-18, it will be designed more with the older bracket in mind, but I feel the dress up kit will appeal to the teenagers vanity side, as the idea for the dress up kit could be to put it on then take photos, which could then go on Facebook. 


Dress up kit :



I have decided to hand draw the mask as this part of the pack is the playful, entertaining side, so I don't want it to come across as too serious. It will also be a way of separating it off from the more informative side of the pack which will use photographic image.


Mask :

 

To make sure that the mask is accurate I sourced a coloured image of Churchill to colour pick off. This way I know his hair is the right shade of grey, his eyes are an accurate colour etc. This way I know my mask is true to the image of Churchill.



This is a black and white print out of how the mask would look. It is playful and humourous so will be entertaining for the audience. I am happy with how the mask has turned out visually, it works and forfills the task I want it to do.


Hat :

Using a net and instructions I found online I created a mock up of a top hat, to see if it is possible to make one / the level of difficulty. 

The hat come in 4 different parts and is easy to construct and work out how to put together, I had no glue at the time of constructing the hat so it was slightly more tricky using tape, but it was still achievable.




The end effect of the hat was really good, it was regocnisably a hat and wasnt difficult to make/follow. The appearence of the hat is not looking as good in the pictures as it got crushed in a bag, but prior to that it looked very smart, as a top hat should. 


Bow Tie : 

To achieve the bow tie I again found a template online. The format of the bow is very easy to construct but I will have to be carful when writing the inscructions as the cuting of the slit to fold the bow into is very important.


No comments:

Post a Comment