Wednesday 7 November 2012

PRINT MANUAL : INITIAL DESIGNS & CRIT FEEDBACK

Concept : My concept is to create a print manual that is full of information and things you need to know about print, but in a clear and concise way. I want it to be easy to follow and understand and not overwhelming or daugnting. My audience is student / junior  graphic designers who have not had the luxury of learning about print before they graduate. This book will help them understand print process and there for sucessfuly print work which will make their life easier and not forgetting the life of the printer easier.


Content:






Cover:







- Mock ups of how the front cover could look if title is die cut revealing image on next page. I think this look could be really sucessful if excecuted correctly it woud also be another way of showing off the print finish die-cutting.








Crit feedback:

 

From the crit it was determined that physicaly being able to touch stocks it very important rather than just looking at pictures, so I will make sure I include some sort of stock swatch. It was also mentioned to me that I need to decide what size I want my manual to be which is important to decide as it could effect the context the book is used eg a pocket book or a huge book that you leave at home etc. I now  need to move on decide the final thing like size name content and then start designing.



No comments:

Post a Comment