Saturday 10 November 2012

PRINT MANUAL : COVER

Hand made paper:

Whilst in a crit it was suggested that I experiment with making handmade paper for one of the samples, this then gave me the idea to further this and make the book cover out of handmade paper. This will give the book a really unique, eye-catching and special look about it. It will also be really interesting how it looks to print on it.

HOW TO MAKE:

I can never throw away anything especially paper as i always think i may need it, for once my madness worked, and I was momentarily cured of my hoarding. I got a pan and ripped up as much paper as i could find and pout it in boiling water. then waited to cool and smushed up some more. I then left it to dry on tea towels on the floor for about 2 weeks.

This is the outcome:




I'm really happy with the look of the paper, the speckled look is really interesting and adds a bit of colour to the paper. The only thing is that it is quite delicate so I will have to figure out a way to make it more robust.


No comments:

Post a Comment