Sunday 8 April 2012

HOT DOG BOOKLET


Hotdog booklet:







In Ambers session we got shown how to make a hotdog fold booklet. We were also made aware that only certain stock weights are suitable for this fold. To highlight this we were able to experiment with different stocks. This made me more aware of how important choice of stock / planning stock is.




Above is possible ideas for the hotdog booklet. I decided on triangles for my theme to further and this then led me on to thinking about what around me is triangle, roofs, arrows etc and eventually came onto sandwiches. I then decided I wanted to promote the goodness of sandwiches and how better to do it then to get an animal who is stereotyped as only eating bananas to endorse sandwiches.

 Out of the ideas on the design sheet I think the one that works best is the simple sandwich on one page and text on other page. I want the booklet to be easy to digest and fun and think simplicity will be a good way to achieve this.


Mock up // quick sketches 







As I am going to screen print my booklet I need to have my head completely around my design and know exactly how I want it, this is why I decided to make a detailed mock up of the final booklet, it will also be a good reference whilst screen printing for colour etc.








Above are the scanned in final drawings for the booklet.



Black out line.


Green layer.


Red layer.


Yellow layer.


Back. grey layer.


Back. Yellow layer.


Back. Black outline









I am really happy with my finished booklet, It was a long process screen printing all the layers but screen printing it was all worth it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment