Tuesday 9 October 2012

STUDIO TASK : APPLY ONE BRAND TO PACKAGING

In today's session we looked at different forms of packaging and different branding material. We had to look at the packaging and decide how to categorise it into high-quality low quality and middle quality. This was quite a tricky task as there were many factors to consider such as stock detail and price.












Above  is the brand I have chosen to use, Cattlemen's association, a restaurant in harrogate where 
i work. From the early session where we had to generate as many logo placement variation i decided I wanted my rebranding to be black stock  with black foiled logo. to mock this look I'll have to find a way of achieving black foiled effect.





First up I tried pva and nail varnish through a stencil to see what the effect would be. The overall effect is effevtive, shiny like foiling or spot varnish, but it's a mess. It's al leaked out everwhere, which is not the look I aim to achieve.




I then tried some gloss black spray paint and practice using a very dodgy quick stencil, but the spray paint bled under the card and as before didnt give the clean look I wanted to acheive.



I decided my best bet for recreating a clean varnish effect would be to trace the logo and then paint it on using black nail varnish as this gave the right level of gloss and by painting it on I was able to keep it neater than the other methods I tried. Happy with overall effect obviously it is nothing like the actuall process that would be used for this process but for mock purposes I think it does an alright job, it is a bit sketchy in areas but the original logo although vectored is a bit 'ruggard'.













No comments:

Post a Comment