Wednesday 8 February 2012

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION



NAME: Suzanne Moore



  • 1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

  • Throughout this module I feel I have learnt many skills. I have learnt new efficient ways of researching and how to develop that research by expanding it and developing it. I have also learnt about quantitive and qualitative research, the differences and importance of it when it comes to research. I feel I applied what I have learnt about research well, I have come up with a wide and varied body of research, which helped me develop an informed end product . I have also developed skills of time keeping in this module as we did a longer brief, it was a real test of organization, I feel I have benefited from this as it has made me more aware of time and how important it is to take advantage of every second.
  • Another skill I have developed is InDesign. I had not used it before we had the workshop, I always did my book layouts on photoshop, I know feel more informed and can't believe I haven't used the software sooner. I feel it benefited my work in this module as I was able to use it to create layouts which were accurate, and experiment with different layouts. I also further developed skills in screen printing, which I used to create one of my 10 end products.


  •  2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

  • I have been introduced to Indesign which definitely informed my design development process. It abled me to create accurate and well informed layouts. From doing Lorenzo's workshop on grid and layout I also saw how beneficial it is to draw accurate scaled down mock layouts as it will make sure your final piece is the most successful.
  • Ihave also learnt more about stocks and how important it is to consider stock as getting the wrong stock can effect the end product massively such as how they product functions or how it is printed on.

  • 3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
  • The strengths in this module I feel I have had are a more informed knowledge of softwares which I think has reflected in my end work. I also feel my developing knowledge of the importance of stock has been a strength as it has abled me to come up with functioning end products. Another strength has been the development of research and products I feel my research has informed my products and development of the product which has made me confident that my end product is functional.

  • 4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
  • A weakness I can identify in this module is time keeping, I feel I used my time but need to manage my time so that I know when to stop researching and when to start designing and then know when to stop designing and start making, as I could of done with leaving myself a little more time to create my end product. I also feel I could have done with a little more experimentation, experimenting with format, colour, design etc as this would have furthered my work and designs. I also need to work on critically evaluating my work on my blog, as this would help me with the development of my work.

  • 5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • Organization - I need to make sure I organize my design sheets, crit sheets, to make sure I have them to hand so I use them to the best ability.
  • Time management - I need to learn when to stop one thing and start another so that I divide my time efficiently between research, design development and production.
  • Analytical development - If I analyze my work more thoroughly I feel my work will further from it.
  • Experimentation - if I experiment more with colour, design, stock, layout etc my work will benefit and be more informed.
  • Attention to detail - by concentrating more on things like typos and finishes it will ensure my end work looks more professional 

k

  1. 6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
    (please indicate using an ‘x’) 

    5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

    1
    2
    3
    4
    5
    Attendance


    x


    Punctuality




    x
    Motivation




    x
    Commitment



    x

    Quantity of work produced


    x


    Quality of work produced


    x


    Contribution to the group


    x


    The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.











No comments:

Post a Comment