Monday 7 May 2012

EXPERIMENTATIONS FOR BOX PATTERN

I want the look book to be in a box which will act as protection for the book in the post. I want the box to resemble Scarlets garments. I want it to be traditional on the inside and modern on the outside I will achieve this look by actually using pieces of scarlets fabric pattern that I will scan in.


The above image does not translate very well, the way I have mirrored the fabric makes it look off.





I really love how much of the detail and texture you can see on the fabric, I think when printed on paper this will be an interesting effect. as for layout, I prefer the smaller Logo rather then bigger as the bigger one complecates the pattern and makes it harder to read.




I tried another attempt of manipulating the scan of the fabric by mirroring it and transforming it but I prefer the effect of just using the original fabric, as this is more true to scarletts designs and because of the detail that you get from the original scans. So I shall just stick to using the original.



Bellow is anoteher one of scarletts fabrics. This one and the one above are her traditional Japanese prints that feature on the inside of her garments. Again I love the detail of the scans.



I have tried experimenting with using both fabrics together at the same time, I think the effect is really interesting as they contrast so much. I dont think I will use it though as I want to keep scarletts work as true to her as possible.




The bellow fabric is one of scarletts Outside mordern twist fabrics It is really bright and crazy and I think it would work well for the outside of the box, as it would be so eye catching.




I will use the modern fabric (above) for the outside of the box and the more traditional fabric for the inside of the box, as this way it will match scarlets garmets and will also cause I really interesting contrast between the vibrant design for the outside and the intracate detail for the inside.

I will now work on some further designs for the box.


No comments:

Post a Comment