Tuesday 8 May 2012

LOOK BOOK

Layout design sheet






Now that I have my layout plans I can move onto applying them to there digital form to make the book.
I will have to alter them slightly as I am wanting to Japanese book bind my final book so I will have to work out the margin I want to leave for the bind and then alter the layout plans accordingly.


When creating the layout it took quite a few attempts and trail prints to work out where the 19mm margin for the the japanese bound needs to go as I will be chopping this book down the middle to get individual pages. eventually I worked out the margin has to in the middle for both pages. 



Using my layout design sheet I used boxes as a test to see how it would translate to screen and also to get the accurate size of what the image would have to be.





As Scarletts garments have very unique patterns on the fabric I wanted them to feature as well as the finished garment, so using scanned in samples of the fabric I was able to showcase the detail and excitement of the fabric. I am happy with my end layout as I wanted to keep it really simple not overcrowd the page with too many pictures as the patterns are so busy I didn't want it to all be too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment