Monday 7 May 2012

YOUR CHOICE // IDEA


The project I have decided to revisit is the Mail shot brief. I have decided to revisit this as I really enjoyed the brief and it showed me a form of communication that I wasn't previously aware was used. I have been working with a 3rd year fashion student creating her logo and thought this would be a great opportunity to  develop the work I have done for her.

Below is the initial design sheet I created to experiment with layout. Scarlett has created a japanese inspired fashion line with a vintage/ modern fusion. She has taken a vintage traditional japanese feel to her garments and then added her own personal modern twist. The inside to all the garments represents the traditional side to her clothes, they are all printed or embroded in a traditional japanese way, and then the outside pattern and style to her clothes is her twist on it. The clothes are all beautifully crafted and full of energy. When it came to designing her logo Scarlet wanted something that represented the more traditional side of her clothes so wanted it hand rendered but then as simple as possible which would represent the modern twist as traditional japanese art is very detailed and colourful.

Scarlets Collections is called 'Obi' which is the tie that goes round the waist in geisha wear. From research she found the the Japanese symbol for obi and wanted this in her logo also.





Above are the drawn out digital versions of different layouts. 

This was scarlet favourite, but she also like the drawn like across on the others so I added this to the design. 


Finished logo.

Scarlett then applied the logo to her garments 








No comments:

Post a Comment