Monday 7 May 2012

RAIN POSTER REVISTED.

As for the Module hand in we have to submit 3 posters for the rain brief I felt like I should revisit the brief as I only produced one poster for the Erik Kessel competition, and it is a lot different from the 3 poster I originally designed so would not work as a set or series.

I wanted to use the paper I made from the cabbage and rain water as I really like the effect the rain drops give and I think its a different aproach to rain. So I will adapt the Erik kessels poster to fit a set of 3 posters.


I like the subtleness of the text in the above poster but I do not feel there is a strong enough connection between the imagery and choice of text.


I don't think the layout for this works well as the writing is too much, it detracts from the foreground image and background and makes the whole thing to complicated.


Below are things that a associate with rain, rain drops, cups of tea as it is a good excuse to stay in and relax/tea is a good way of warming you up after being in rain, wellies as they are the ideal footwear and an umbrella.

I want the imagery to be as simple as possible, the bellow raindrop is not as successful as the other three so I will not be using that one.





Once I had my imagery I needed to add my text, which I decided would be ' Rain comes with accessories' as I see that as a positive thing that rain comes with such unique accessories.




I realised once I steped back and examined the 3 posters together that the concept for the tea is not clear enough, people may not understand it as tea is not normally seen as an accessory, so after further thinking I decided the best slogan for the tea poster would be ' Rain comes with excuses' A concept which is a lot clearer and as there is a fluidity to the 3 posters they still work as a set.





Printed









No comments:

Post a Comment