Wednesday 16 May 2012

ITS YOUR CHOICE // FINISHED PEICE


































I experimented with a few ways of wrapping the book, but decided that the best way would be to wrap it so it folds out at the front like a 'Kimono' to tie is scarletts Theme. 


I also thought about wrapping the book with a piece of scarlett's fabric to act as an OBI ( an obi is the tie that goes around the kimono of a geisha) which is where Scarlett sourced her collection name.

I have decided not to go ahead with this as most of the fabric I have is just odd cut off bits and they look messy.






























I am really happy with my end product. I feel I have been able to capture the essence of OBI and transform it into the look book and other products. I wanted to create a product that looks professional but with a sense of fun as that is what Scarlett's clothes represent. I wanted to use intricate hand rendering processes such as japanese book binding and screen printing as this is how Scralett created how garments. I think that this as a mail shot would work well as is includes all the details to contact scarlett such as number and email address and gives a description about the work. If scarlett was to send off these as mail shots though she would probably need to attach a letter to inform the company of her intent whether to just showcase her work or if she wants business etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment