Tuesday 15 January 2013

ISTD : PACKAGING DEVELOPMENT

I want my product to fee special and feel like a gift you would be excited to recieve, or even if you buy it for yourself it will feel like a gift for yourself. 

I really like the aesthetics of the tie envelopes, I like the suspence of them, the way you have to unravel the string before you can get to the item, adds element of excitment before you've even got the gift. Below is an example from  http://www.minieco.co.uk/diy-string-tie-envelopes/  of how to make said envelope.










Design development for envelope :

With packaging small things make a difference when it comes to aesthetics. Attention to detail makes the packaging have a more luxurious  feel. I am going to address this by designing for the inside aswel as the outside.






The colourway I have decided to use is the 'white' envelope with the blue inside, this way the inside design will stand out and make you pay more attention to what is inside the envelope which is what you are wanting to get to, the eye-catching inside will draw you there.


No comments:

Post a Comment