Friday 18 January 2013

ISTD : PRINTING EXPERIMENTATION

I wanted to try some experimental ways of printing/ transferring images, so turned to the trusty google search, which lead me to the not so trusty youtube:


I really like the look of the outcome of this technique, its got imperfections which gives the feel of a stamp. This is a teqnique i will experiment with.


'Freezer paper' :


This method of printing is achieve by printing out on the 'waxy' side of the freezer paper and then ironing it image side down, this will transfer the image. I will not be trying this method as I can't find freezer paper in the shops, it's an american product and apparently the english alternative would be the paper that photocopier paper comes wrapped in? interesting tequnique though.


Blender pen :



I have no idea what the original use for this pen is, but it can apparently be used to transfer images by lifting the ink off laser printed image, text whatever. If i can locate this mysterious pen I will try experiment with this as the look is very stamp like, which is the aesthetic I am trying to achieve.


Print on fabric :



For the t-shirts I have designed I want to print the pockets. I thought about screen printing, which is a method I enjoy and I know it work sucesfuly, but wanted to try print in a different way, and found this way of abusing your home printed by forcing fabric through by sticking it to paper. I may also try and apply this technique to tissues paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment