Wednesday 17 April 2013

RESPONSIVE : YCN Churchill - design development

Churchill is not a dog :

The reason this brief was originally set was because the younger generation are more aware of who Churchill the bulldog is from the advert then they are Winston Churchill, so I  want to include bulldogs somewhere in the pack. 

I came across this image of a bulldog dressed up as Winston Churchill whilst researching and thought this was a concept I could carry further, with the use of my bulldog on the right.


I want to highlight to my audience that Winston Churchill is not a dog, in a playful, humorous way by placing images of Churchill next to images of Churchill the dog' drumming home the point that WINSTON CHURCHILL IS NOT A DOG.



Using the head of my dog I super imposed Russell's head (dogs name) onto Churchill's body. The images are humours and tongue and cheek. This is a way that will make the image of Churchill stick in the audiences mind.

Winston Churchill is not a dog :

Book featuring the images of the Churchill dog and Winston Churchill.


Variations of the cover maintaing the look of having the face covered but iconic parts on show. Use of the paw print brings in concept of the dog. Out of the three variations I feel the dark grey paw print works the best as the black is too harsh and too much of a contrast being a vectored images as well against the photograph, and the light grey has the same effect making the paw print to vectored.



Inside design :

I want the inside of the book to be simplistic and purely image based, as the content speaks for itself.




Out of these variations I think the smaller centred X works best. It is clear enough to put the message across without effecting the image.

Finished examples :





The book works well as a concept to highlight that Churchill is a human not a dog and as a way of showing pictures of Churchill so people start to recognise who he is. The simplistic look of the book lets the images do the talking rather then distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment