Sunday 28 April 2013

GOOD IS : LOOKING UP - concept development

We have been doing some useful workshops into concept development, using word association and play to come up with clever concepts. I wanted to try use this for my Good is project, so thought it would be a good thing to do to come up with the identity of the exhibition.


Look UP :

Look up is the name of the exhibition, as it stands, as I want the purpose of the exhibition to be clear from the names, not over complicated. I want the clever side to come in how the name is represented.




I researched into as many words as I could think of that feature the word UP in them. I think this could be quite visually interesting if I chose the right words.


Above are two examples of how the concept would work. to the left represents screwup and would have screws thrown in the air, the the right would represent lace up and would have laces thrown in the air.

I think word choice is important for this concept, as I don't think the two examples above have enough connection to the ford up. You'd look at them and could think screw sky... screw air.....screw high.....and it could take ages, if not at all to get to SCREWUP. Same applies to the lace up example.

I need to pick words that actually have the word UP in them not just associate with them or can but put with it.

the words I have come up with are :

ketchUP
makeUP
stirrUP

I think the concept would work well with these 3 words and also work visually. people would see the poster or whatever it may be and think why is there ketchup in the sky... the poster would have the exhibition title LookUP on it so there would be that connection too... ketchup ahhh ketchUP  .. UP.... look UP . that is how I see it going

No comments:

Post a Comment